Monday, October 3, 2011

Another Week

Well, it has been another week and all seems to be going okay. I am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant today. Morning sickness has really set in now. I spent a good part of my weekend sleeping and trying to find food and beverages that settle, so that's a good sign. It's the only time in my life where I welcome nausea and am excited about it! Don't get me wrong though, I'm looking forward to the second trimester. Last night I had a dream about miscarriage, which has me all kinds of freaked out. It wasn't about me having one at least, it was something that I was watching on the news about incomplete miscarriages. I woke up startled and had trouble going back to sleep. This morning I can't help but worry that something is wrong.

For the most part I have been relatively calm and feeling positive about this pregnancy, which is really different for me. I am still having my moments of doubt and fear, but they are fewer than I thought, given my history of loss and anxiety. I'm just ready to have the NT Scan, get great results, and feel more comfortable and confident about everything. Next Monday I have another ultrasound. Right now I'm feeling blessed and thankful and hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sorry about the dream, its amazing how much those can mess with your head! I am also thankful for the nausea but ready for it to go away... Its fun to keep up with someone whos almost exactly as far along as me!