Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Purpose

I have had one main purpose and one secondary purpose since starting this blog. My main purpose was to get it all out. To have a safe place to say what I was feeling and share what I was going through, in hopes that others might reach out to me and I wouldn't feel all alone in this journey. My secondary purpose was to be out there, sharing everything, no matter how "okay" some people thought it was, to hopefully help someone else feel not so alone. I have kept my blog fairly anonymous over these past couple of years, but decided to share a link to it on my facebook wall on October 15th this year for Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. I'm so glad that I did. A friend of mine, whom I haven't seen in over a decade, reached out to me. She had recently experienced a terrible loss and it felt good that I could offer her some knowing words and a safe place to let it all out. We are all a part of this terrible club and we all handle the loss differently, but I find it so very important to give and receive support from women who understand fully what it means to lose a baby. As the holidays draw near, it can be extra difficult, especially when the pain of the loss is so fresh. I encourage anyone who is suffering alone or in silence to reach out to someone who understands. Feel free to message me - we can talk publicly or in private.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you could be there for your friend!! That's how I feel - I want to help people if I can. You have helped me, and I'm sure many others. I'm proud of you for making it through so much crap and still being a positive, awesome person! Thanks for sharing!! xo

Good Timing said...

Such a great post and I'm so glad you were able to be there for your friend. If nothing else there can be healing through helping others and sharing our stories. So proud of you for linking on fb. I don't think I could?!