Monday, August 16, 2010

Officially Trying Again

Good 'ol AF (aunt flo) showed up on Sunday. This is the first time I've been happy to see her in over a decade! We are officially back in the TTC (trying to conceive) game. I'm so surprised my body ovulated in a timely manner after the miscarriage. I'm fairly certain I ovulated around July 30th because I had a positive (or at least close to positive) OPK (ovulation predictor kit). I'm just a little over 5 weeks post miscarriage now, so things went well this month. I hope my body can maintain that cycle. Now I get to start waking up at 6:45 every morning to take my temperature. I have to do it that early so that I can avoid my daughter's ever changing wake up time. She rarely gets up before 7:00 these days, so 6:45 should be a good temping time. I'll also use a saliva scope to check for ferning patterns, and OPKs from time to time. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'll start taking Clomid next cycle.

This is the link to my Fertility Friend Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1cf354

*For those of you who are unfamiliar with TTC (trying to conceive) lingo, here is a brief list of some that I will possibly be using ;) I've been a part of TTC message boards for years now, so the lingo just seems natural now, but boy-oh-boy was it confusing at first!

AF = Aunt Flo or Menstrual Cycle
BABYDUST = good wishes for getting pregnant
BBT = Basal Body Temperature, morning temperature for charting ovulation
BD = Baby Dance, intercourse
BFN = Big Fat Negative on a home pregnancy test (hopefully I WON'T have to use this one)
BFP = Big Fat Positive on a home pregnancy test
CD = Cycle Day
CM = Cervical Mucus
DPO = Days Post Ovulation
HPT = Home Pregnancy Test
LH = Luteinizing Hormone
LMP = Last Menstrual Period
LP = Luteal Phase
O = Ovulation
OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit
POAS = Pee on a stick, to take a home pregnancy test or ovulation predictor test
RE = Reproductive Endocrinologist, a doctor who specializes in fertility treatments
TTC = Trying To Conceive
TWW = Two week wait, the time after you ovulate when you are waiting to find out if you conceived
U/S = Ultrasound

I think that should cover it.

No comments: