Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Dreaded Month...

It's December. The month I have been dreading since we lost our son in July. His due date was December 16th. I've been an emotional mess today. Lots of tears have fallen.

I hate how this month is full of both happiness and sorrow! It seems so unfair! Our daughter will turn 2 on the 22nd. Celebration and joy! We are looking forward to celebrating Christmas with our extended family. We are enjoying seeing the look of excitement and wonder in our daughter's eyes! Yet these waves of sorrow blanket my heart from time to time.

I've been on the phone this week. We still don't have results back about the last miscarriage. I'm currently setting up some of the testing anyway. I have a lot of blood work to be done. They'll do a thyroid check, lupus profile, and chromosome testing. I wonder how many viles of blood they'll have to get.

A few people acknowledged the month today and that they are thinking of us. I was very touched by that. More than I can put into words. It's going to be a very difficult few weeks.

No comments: