Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Year At A Glance

My husband was showing me this really cool website http://www.wordle.net/ You can type in any phrase or a url to a website and it makes this cool artsy thing with the most frequently used words. I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the last half of our year via this blog. Here's what I got (click on the picture for a larger image)...


Amazing how that really does sum it all up.

I called my RE's office for an appointment today. We go in January 14th to discuss the past year and see what options we may have to assist in a healthy pregnancy. It's strange thinking about going back when we got pregnant 3 times on our own. I just want to see if she can help us get a healthier egg. Our insurance won't cover a thing, so I don't know how far we will be able to go realistically. I could go on and on about how unfair I think it is that health insurance companies can dictate who can have a baby and who can't based on what they do and don't cover in the infertility world, but if I get started, I don't think I could come up for air. I just get so angry for the people out there who would make beautiful parents and never see that opportunity because of big insurance deciding fertility issues are not a medical necessity. Try telling that to the people struggling with infertility! For most people struggling with infertility there is something in their body that isn't functioning the way it is supposed to - health insurance should cover that! Okay, rant over for now. I am looking forward to meeting with her. She's the best and I know she will help lead us down the right path.

1 comment:

Susy S said...

I totally agree. But when you get right down to it, it's a business. ANd the point of business is to make money. IF treatments get rediculous expensive really fast (as we all know) and it would really eat into their profits. And we couldn't have that now, could we?