Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fake Out

My body likes to fake me out. It keeps gearing up to ovulate again, but isn't doing so. I think this time it will. My OPK's are even darker today after getting lighter again since the last tests I posted. I think I'll have a positive tomorrow or Monday (just in time for my girls getaway, ha!). I'm having some other symptoms too, like this pounding headache, so hopefully this will be it.


 I've been working on my son's memory book. I'd like to have it finished by July 9th, the day we delivered him last year. It's coming along nicely and has been cathartic. It's been a little more difficult again recently because I keep thinking these were the last few days he was still alive a year ago. Last night I just sat there holding his picture and cried harder than I have in a long time, but it felt good, like an emotional release. Sometimes I cry and I make myself stop and there is no feeling of satisfaction afterwards, I'm still just sad. Last night's cry was full and strong and I felt like something was lifted afterwards. Those are the best kinds of cries.

We are having a fun Father's Day weekend. We celebrated today, just the three of us and will celebrate tomorrow with our Dad's. My husband got to sleep in until noon, then we had a pancake lunch, went for ice cream and a walk in the park, pizza for dinner, and shopping for the stereotypical tie. Our daughter "took him shopping" so he could pick out the perfect tie - he brought over a couple for her to help him choose from and he went with the one the 2 year old picked. She has good taste, it was my favorite too! I'm so blessed to have an amazing husband and father to my little girl. He is truly wonderful with our girl and I can see how much they both adore each other. Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there!

You can all picture me on Tuesday on a girlfriend road trip, music playing, Starbucks or Red Bull being enjoyed as we roll into Nashville without a care in the world. We'll be getting there early so we can get checked into the hotel and spend some girlie time getting gussied up before heading out for dinner and the NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys) concert. I'm so very excited!!

1 comment:

LisaB said...

Good luck this cycle!!
And have a fun trip!