Monday, June 6, 2011

Letting My Hair Down

It's been nice to forget about TTC for a little while. I needed this break. I'm feeling happier and more content with life now. I do look forward to getting back to it with my next cycle, although I am terrified of the heparin/Lovenox injections that will come with a positive HPT. I watched some youtube videos on how to do it, and they all talk about how painful it is and the bad bruising, and here are some tips to lessen those awful things...ugh! Now, back to forgetting about what's to come and just enjoying the moment I am currently in.

Tomorrow is my 14 year wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe it's been that long - I don't feel old enough to have been married for 14 years. To celebrate, my husband and I called in the grandparents to watch our little punkin' so that we could have a night out last Friday. We got a room at a beautiful, historic hotel, went to a nice dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market, and enjoyed live music in the hotel bar. It was so nice, fun, romantic, and relaxing!



It's hard to see in the photo, but the band is playing in the background behind the bar. It is this beautiful art deco hotel with amazing architecture. It's almost like being in another time when you are there.

In other news, we have started potty training. Today was day one and it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, but we stayed in a good mood and I tried to remain carefree and just let things happen, even if we did go through many pairs of big girl pants and I spent a good part of the day on my hands and knees wiping up accidents. The hugs and kisses I got from my little ladybug more than helped keep me in a relaxed state of mind. She is at such an amazing and fun age right now. I love her genuine hugs that come with an "I wuv you," seeing her independence come out with a "MY do it," and listening to her play pretend - the things her sweet little mind comes up with are too adorable. Even if we are not blessed with another take home baby, I'm the luckiest Mommy in the world!

No comments: