Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meeting Friends

Well, today I'm 13-14DPO and no sign of anything on my tests. I'll probably see AF in the next 4 days or so. I am never ever buying blue dye tests again. For the second month in a row there has been a verrry faint line on them. No other tests this month showed anything (well, those stupid green handle ones did, but I'm finally all out of those). I ordered a new type of 10mIu IC test for the upcoming cycle. Hopefully they will be good ones. I'm not super happy with any brand of test right now after what happened last month. Maybe something did actually try to implant last month briefly? Who knows. I do know that I officially have a love/hate relationship with Clomid! I love that it makes me ovulate on time and that it helped give me my daughter, but I hate how it affects my moods and how I feel. I've been nauseous, exhausted, crabby, and anxious all month. Hopefully it will be worthwhile.

We had a busy and fun weekend. It started with my husband's annual company picnic. They did something so fun this year, a caricature artist came in and drew the kids. It was adorable to see the kids posing. My kiddo's portrait turned out really good - it looks so much like her!


We also did something really special...there was a group of us girls who met online when we were all pregnant with our babies who were due in December 2008 (at TwoWeekWait.com). We have kept in touch over the past 2.5 years on a private message board and on facebook, and become even closer. I finally got to meet one of the girls and her her son and husband in person. It was such a great experience and amazing to see how our online friendship carried over very easily in real life! She and her family are awesome and I'm sure we will continue to get together. We hope to make the get together an annual event and hopefully some of the other gals can come next year too. Our kiddos got along like they were the best of friends (I think my 2 year old has a little crush). It was so neat to see them together! (I had to use this pic of hers, so I could add one without their faces ;) )



Nothing keeps the spirit up like meeting good friends and enjoying life! To quote Jason Mraz....A la la la la la la life is wonderful....

No comments: