Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Far So Good

I got my second beta blood work results today and things are looking really good!

1st Beta 9/14/2010 - 11 DPO:
HCG = 44.5
Progesterone = 25.5


2nd Beta 9/21/2010 - 18 DPO:
HCG = 857.8
Progesterone = 34.6


Doubling time = 39.67 hours


They like to see the HCG double every 48 hours and the progesterone needs to be at at least a 10 to support a healthy pregnancy.

Needless to say, we are thrilled right now! I know all too well that things could still go wrong, but this is one major hurdle crossed. I go back next Wednesday for another blood draw. Today I feel good and hopeful. It just feels like things are going to turn out well for us this time around. I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

I'm already exhausted and I'm getting waves of nausea. The funny thing is, I'm mostly excited and happy about those things because they are a good sign that the pregnancy is going well! Tomorrow I will be exactly 5 weeks pregnant. I wish I could just skip ahead to about 25 weeks pregnant and have all of the big tests out of the way. I'm hoping the next 15-20 weeks go by quickly with as little stress as possible.

No comments: