Friday, September 10, 2010

What A Day!

I'm in the two week wait, which is never a stress free time for me. I have a ton of home pregnancy tests sitting in my closet now (probably close to 50). Many different brands and price ranges. I started testing already, at 7 DPO. Isn't that silly and ridiculous!?! I told myself I wouldn't do that this time because I didn't want the ups and downs. I'm overanalyzing my symptoms and testing early, go figure! So far my symptoms seem to be sore, itchy, hot boobs. I also have AF type cramps, exhaustion, sensitive teeth, and I'm emotional. My tell tale pregnancy sign is tingly, hot boobs. I've had that symptom every time I've been pregnant, and never when I'm not. Today I think I'm starting to feel the tingling, but I'm just not sure I can trust it. I'm afraid I'm just hoping that I do, so I think I do. For the fun of it, I'll post my test from this afternoon. I can see a really, really, really faint line on it, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm so early. I don't usually get a light positive until about 10 DPO. I'm a little embarrassed I've already started testing. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday, and I was just thinking about how wonderful it would be to take a positive digital test with a bow on it as an additional birthday gift. I don't think I'll have one by tomorrow though. For the record, Fertility Friend changed my ovulation date from Thursday to Friday, which is when I really thought I ovulated anyway. If you look closely, just to the left of the "T" on the cassette, you might be able to see the faint line.


Today was strange mix of emotions for me. When I went to the mailbox, I found I had received two packages. One was the Certificate of Life and the paperwork to register our son with the state. The other package was home pregnancy tests (including the one above). I felt sad and hopeful all at once. Part of me wonders if our son had a hand in them both coming at the same time. Maybe it's his way of telling us it's okay to move forward and hope for new life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is EXACTLY what he was saying..